Sexual Assault Services Advocate
360 Communities mission statement is: “In the spirit of caring for our neighbors, 360 Communities provides hope and support to people by engaging communities to prevent violence, ensure school success and promote long-term self-sufficiency.” Our volunteer advocates must demonstrate a commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times.
We are looking for volunteers who are interested in supporting our mission as a Sexual Assault Services Advocate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to South Metro area hospitals to provide advocacy and support to victim/survivors who have experienced sexual/domestic violence.
- Using a trauma-informed approach, provide crisis intervention, safety planning, emotional support, and available resources, as needed.
- Assist and empower survivors to assert their rights and choices while advocating on their behalf for responsive, trauma-informed treatment.
- Interact professionally with sexual assault nurse examiners, hospital staff, law enforcement and family members or friends while at the hospital.
- Document client information, summary, follow up needs, and report information to shelter Staff/Supervisor.
- Opportunity to facilitate Support Group.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Follow all mandated reporter requirements.
- Value diversity and work well with individuals of all ages, cultures, races, sexual orientations, gender identities, mental/physical abilities, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must successfully complete our state-mandated 40-hour sexual assault services training prior to being considered for this volunteer position.
- Excellent communication skills
- Commit to two – 12 hour on-call shifts per months for a period of at least 12 months. (On call shift means being available to respond if a sexual assault advocate is needed – can respond from any location)
- Ability to pass a background check
- Attend meetings and on-going training as needed
- Reliable transportation – must be at hospital within 1 hour of call
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Hospital or office environment with minimal noise level. Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, bend, and use hands to write.
Please go to www.360communities.org to complete the volunteer interest form. Upcoming training schedule will be available on website two months prior to start date.sharing tagline=”Share this volunteer opportunity, choose your platform!” tagline_color=”” title=”” link=” ” description=”” pinterest_image=”” icons_boxed=”” icons_boxed_radius=”4px” box_colors=”” icon_colors=”” tooltip_placement=”” backgroundcolor=”” class=”” id=””][/sharing]