Volunteer Sexual Violence Intern
Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. The mission statement is: “In the spirit of caring for our neighbors, 360 Communities provides hope and support to people by engaging communities to prevent violence, ensure school success, and promote long-term self-sufficiency.”
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to Sexual Violence Coordinator and complete special projects.
- Partner with shelter staff to support residents using a trauma-informed approach, provide crisis intervention, safety planning, emotional support, and available resources.
- Upon Sexual Assault Advocate certification, provide advocacy support to clients in shelter and immediately after an assault by responding to south metro hospitals.
- Interact professionally with sexual assault nurse examiners, hospital staff, law enforcement and family members or friends while at the hospital.
- Assist and empower survivors to assert their rights and choices while advocating on their behalf for responsive, trauma-informed treatment.
- Document client information, summary, follow up needs, and report information to shelter
- Co-facilitate Support Groups.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Follow all mandated reporter requirements.
- Value diversity and work well with individuals of all ages, cultures, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Minimum of 15 hours per week(on-call hours nights, overnights, weekends, holidays)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check
- Attend meetings and on-going training as needed
- Reliable transportation – must be at hospital within 1 hour of call
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Hospital or office environment with minimal noise level. Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, bend, and use hands to write.
Upcoming training schedule will be available on website two months prior to start date.