Lewis House Shelter Worker
The shelter worker volunteer position supports our advocates and clients by running the day-to-day operations of the Lewis House in Eagan and Hastings. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Screen and answer the door, accept donations, direct vendors, inventory and put away grocery orders.
- Support families by disbursing medications and personal needs products.
- Oversee and assist families with chores.
- Clean and turnover bedrooms.
- Follow Lewis House safety and security procedures.
We ask volunteers to commit to a minimum of one 4 hour shift per week. We are currently looking to fill various 4 hour shifts in our Eagan and Hastings locations. Available shifts vary depending on the day, but shift times are: 9 am-1 pm, 1 pm-5 pm, and 5 pm-9 pm. We ask for a 6-12 month minimum commitment as extensive training is provided. Weekend shifts are available.