Farmington Food Shelf Lead Volunteer
The 360 Communities Farmington Food Shelf serves clients on Tuesday and Thursday each week. We have an ongoing, weekly volunteer opportunity for individuals looking to help clients in our Farmington food shelf. This opportunity is a four hour sift, between the hours of 1 pm and 5 pm on Tuesdays or Thursdays each week.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Welcome clients, families or food shelf visitors (people donating food, supplies or funds) with a pleasant and cheerful smile.
- Explain shopping guidelines to clients and be available for questions
- Build relationships and trust with people shopping for food
- Help bag and weigh outgoing food, help load food into customer vehicles
- Must be able to lift approximately 25 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Training will be provided
Using the green button above, please fill out our volunteer interest form to apply for any of these opportunities.
- Our food shelf is always in need of paper and/or plastic bags to be used for groceries. Please feel free to drop off any gently used and clean bags to the food shelf Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm.
- We are also always in need of product donations. The top 5 food items are canned fish & meat, cooking and baking items, peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables plus rice, pasta and cereals. Additionally, we are always in need of: baby items (food, formula, diapers and wipes, cleaning supplies and hygiene items (deodorant, toothpaste/tooth brush, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc). You are welcome to drop off items to our food shelf Tuesday or Friday between the hours of 1 pm to 5 pm.