Farmington Food Shelf Lead Volunteer
The 360 Communities Farmington Food Shelf has a volunteer opportunity for an individual looking to help one time per month, on the third Thursday of each month from Noon – approximately 3 pm to provide our senior clients with their NAPS food items. NAPS is a government program that stands for Nutritional Assistance Program for Seniors.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Welcome the client
- Check each clients in on a roster provided
- Give each client their two assigned boxes
- Answer questions they may have
- Training will be provided
Using the green button above, please fill out our volunteer interest form to apply for any of these opportunities.
- Our food shelf is always in need of paper and/or plastic bags to be used for groceries. Please feel free to drop off any gently used and clean bags to the food shelf Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm.
- We are also always in need of product donations. The top 5 food items are canned fish & meat, cooking and baking items, peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables plus rice, pasta and cereals. Additionally, we are always in need of: baby items (food, formula, diapers and wipes, cleaning supplies and hygiene items (deodorant, toothpaste/tooth brush, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc). You are welcome to drop off items to our food shelf Tuesday or Friday between the hours of 1 pm to 5 pm.