DAKOTA HEALTHY FAMILIES
We use an early intervention and prevention-focused approach to teach parents how to provide early learning, to help build social and emotional intelligence in their children, to keep the child current on immunizations, and help prepare for a successful preschool screening.
Home Visitors encourage active participation and engage with families by visiting weekly for the first year and biweekly thereafter.
Dakota Healthy Families is a service provided by 360 Communities, made possible by funding from Dakota County and other community funders.
The First Four Years of a Child’s Life are Important for Development and Learning
Dakota Healthy Families understands all parents want the best for their children and all families have strengths to build upon. DHF supports and enhances parenting skills by:
- Using a nationally recognized strength-based, interactive child development curriculum called Growing Great Kids
- Teaching activities and making toys that can be used daily to develop learning
- Listening to and supporting families
- Helping families deal with life stressors such as car repairs, rent, and food needs
- Working closely with community partner agencies
DAKOTA HEALTHY FAMILIES VIDEOS
Watch how 360 Communities Dakota Healthy Families has made a difference with one family.