Payroll and Human Resources Specialist
Position Type: Exempt
Pay Range: DOQ
Closing Date: November 20, 2017; preference to applications received by November 6, 2017
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to about 18,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and three programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Mission: In the spirit of caring for our neighbors, 360 Communities provides hope and support to people by engaging communities to prevent violence, ensure school success and promote long-term self-sufficiency.
The Payroll and Human Resource Specialist will be responsible for payroll and human resources including in-house payroll, federal and state law compliance and employee recruitment and on-boarding.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Process all aspects of in-house, bi-weekly payroll for 80+ staff and corresponding taxes and benefit contributions
- Completion of required reports and filings for quarterly and year-end federal and state payroll, W-2 and ACA
- Work with managers to support employee process from application through termination, including recruiting and on-boarding new employees
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Assist with updating company policies as they relate to payroll, employee relations and benefits
- Ensure accurate benefit administration by monitoring employee eligibility and working with controller to manage open enrollment period
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to keep accurate and complex work records
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with managers and staff at all levels
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws and rules governing HR functions
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum 2-year in-house payroll processing experience
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Payroll or Human Resources Certification
- Non-Profit accounting
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics SL
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.