Human Resources Generalist
Position Type: Full-time, Exempt
Pay Range: DOQ
Location: Burnsville, MN
About the Organization: Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to more than 16,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our Mission: 360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.
Responsible for developing and implementing Human Resources (HR) strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy and goals, the HR Generalist is responsible for a wide range of HR duties. These duties span the recruitment, development and engagement of all employees and managers.
The HR Generalist contributes to the attainment of specific goals and results of the organization and fosters a healthy workplace by ensuring HR procedures and processes run smoothly at all times.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Create, implement, and monitor HR strategies, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and retention of the workforce
- Assess development and training needs; implement training and development plans and coordinate training programs, sessions and seminars
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues; process employees’ queries and respond in a timely manner
- Coordinate annual performance appraisal system; assist managers and supervisors in performance management procedures
- Participate in annual workplace survey including the collection, summarization and communication of employee feedback
Recruitment and Selection
- Manage and ensure recruitment and selection process runs smoothly
- Write and post job descriptions on career websites, newspapers and school boards
- Source candidates using databases and social media; conduct phone and/or in-person screening interviews
- Contact new employees and prepare and conduct onboarding sessions
- Prepare new hire paperwork ensuring legislation requirements are met
- Serve as primary point of contact for employees and benefits vendors
- Distribute benefit information and enrollment packets to new employees and to all benefit-eligible employees during open enrollment periods
Payroll Processing and Minor Accounting Support
- Perform all aspects of the in-house, bi-weekly, payroll process to ensure it is completed timely and accurately for 80+ staff; including quarterly and annual taxes and employee benefits
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations
- Proven work experience as an HR Specialist or HR Generalist
- Solid knowledge of HR policies and best practices with in-depth understanding of labor legislation and payroll processes
- Experience with full cycle recruiting process including hands on experience with various selection processes like phone interviews and reference checks
- Familiarity with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects within deadline
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or relevant field preferred
- Minimum 2 years payroll and/or relevant experience
- Society of Human Resources Management certification desirable
- Nonprofit experience
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.