Financial Support Worker
Reports to: Burnsville Family Resource Center Coordinator
Pay Range: $16.50 per hour starting, DOQ
Locations: Burnsville, MN
Closing Date: Priority will be given to applications received by December 17, 2018
Non-exempt position, 40 hours a week
About the Organization:
Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a non-profit organization which provides services to more than 17,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our staff and volunteers work with the community and strive to fulfill our mission daily. 360 Communities mission is: “360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives”.
The principal purpose of the Financial Support Worker position is to provide financial assistance and guidance to families and individuals while creating a welcoming, trusting and safe environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide financial assistance for individuals and families accessing help for rent/mortgage, utilities, emergency car repair or other emergencies.
- Work cooperatively, build, and maintain relationships with partner agencies, churches and Dakota County to secure funding for financial assistance.
- Complete a thorough intake process with each client requesting financial assistance. Work with clients to identify goals related to their financial stability (i.e. budgeting tool, employment resources, debt management, etc.).
- Provide appropriate service coordination in response to intake and financial goals, either through connecting to services within 360 Communities or through a referral basis.
- Provide ongoing support and follow-up with clients to support goal progress.
- Follow all funding requirements and guidelines to ensure stewardship of funds made available to 360 Communities clients.
- Support the resource center coordinator and provide backup assistance when necessary. Collaborate to cover open volunteer shifts when necessary.
- Work cooperatively and professionally supporting volunteers in all areas, including in the collection of data and maintenance of records for statistical, evaluation, and funding purposes.
- Share resource knowledge, teach and support volunteers as they answer the main phone line, schedule intakes and food orders and provide one on one support through the intake process.
- Ensure seamless communication with other agency programs (Violence Prevention services, Partners for Success®, etc.) regarding families accessing services through the resource center, to ensure holistic services to children, families and individuals.
- Identify service barriers and work to remove them through engagement of the community and linking to formal and informal supports.
- Follow mandated reporting laws for child abuse and neglect.
- Maintain safety and security of the resource center by following all safety and security procedures and communicate appropriately.
- Applicants must have experience with socially, economically or culturally diverse populations.
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication and relationship building with all ages, demographics, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted, environment, utilizing independent decision making and prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University and two years related experience and/or training; or a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and use of database systems.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb stairs, bend, kneel,
- sit on the floor, use hands to write, type, use computers and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Secondary language preferred
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.