Digital Marketing Specialist
Position Type: Full-time, exempt
Pay Range: $19.36 per hour
Locations: Burnsville, MN
Closing Date: August 15, 2018
About 360 Communities
Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a nonprofit organization which provides services to about 17,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and three programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
In the spirit of caring for our neighbors, 360 Communities provides hope and support to people by engaging communities to prevent violence, ensure school success and promote long-term self-sufficiency.
The purpose of this position is to execute the organization’s social media and website strategy to drive a greater understanding of the 360 Communities brand and messaging. This position will work to increase online giving to support the fundraising goals of the agency.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times.
- Assist in the development and implementation of digital strategy with the purpose to disperse brand messaging across website, social media, and other digital platforms.
- Post and maintain content on the agency website and social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Flickr.
- Utilize digital advertising to boost social media audience engagement.
- Safeguard the integrity of the 360 Communities brand on online and other digital platforms.
- Interact with agency stakeholders on social media platforms.
- Work to increase 360 Communities’ current social media audience and attract new followers.
- Analyze website and social media analytics to adjust digital marketing strategy as needed.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of online giving campaigns.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing, communication, and proofing skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Creativity and innovation are essential competencies for this role. The ideal candidate must have ability to step outside of their comfort zone and try new ideas and approaches.
- General Graphic design knowledge and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative mindset.
- An understanding of the differences between social media platforms and how audiences interact on those different platforms.
- Capacity to adapt and work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted, environment, utilizing independent decision making and prioritization skills.
- Ability to utilize analytics to inform decision-making.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in marketing, communications, or related field from a four-year college or university; and 1 to 2 years’ experience in social media strategy.
- Candidates with a valid driver’s license, insurance and acceptable driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Experience running a social media campaign
- Graphic design experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience with WordPress or other website content management systems and plugins
- Basic understanding of HTML coding
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and other social insight tools
- Experience expanding social media presence to reach new and diverse audiences
- Experience with socially, economically or culturally diverse populations
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.