Position Type: Full-time, nonexempt
Pay Range: Starting $19.50 per hour, DOQ
Locations: Eagan, MN
Closing Date: Preference given to applications received by December 23, 2018
About the Organization:
Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities is a non-profit organization which provides services to more than 17,000 people annually in over 40 locations in Dakota County, Minnesota. Holistic services include a network of five food shelves, two family resource centers, two domestic and sexual violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth to high school graduation.
Our staff and volunteers work with the community and strive to fulfill our mission daily. 360 Communities mission is: “360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives”.
Summary: This purpose of this position is to raise community awareness about domestic and sexual violence and aid in its prevention and intervention by developing, implementing and facilitating healthy relationships curriculum in schools and other community-based settings.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. The mission statement is “360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.”
- Provide on-going development and implementation of healthy relationships curriculum and other curriculum supporting agency initiatives.
- Provide effective education and facilitation of healthy relationships curriculum through presentations to youth, school stakeholders, and other community members.
- Gain commitment to the implementation of the healthy relationships curriculum by building and maintaining trusting relationships with schools and other community partners.
- Continuously evaluate curriculum content through receiving feedback from youth, schools and community partners.
- Support Violence Prevention and Intervention program objectives, growth, and outcomes through curriculum evaluation and by sharing feedback with the Violence Prevention and Intervention team.
- Seek out and participate in various community events to educate and bring awareness to the importance of healthy relationships.
- Encourage the involvement of youth in the violence prevention movement through education and relationship building.
- Assist with the program planning for Sexual Assault Awareness Month and Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with partnering organizations, including coalitions and otherviolence prevention agencies.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated.
- Experience educating and presenting in various settings.
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Experience being self-directed, motivated and ability to demonstrate nonjudgmental professional decision makingskills.
- Experience with socially, economically or culturally diverse populations.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and use of database systems.
- Candidates with a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and acceptable driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Experience in domestic and sexual violence advocacy or direct service
- Experience and familiarity with violence prevention agencies
- Knowledge of community resources, specifically within the Twin Cities and Dakota County
A complete job description can be requested by e-mailing HR@360communities.org.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
360 Communities is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.