Accounts Payable and Administrative Assistant
Part-time, 20 hours per week
Summary: The principal purpose of this position is to provide administrative and accounts payable support services to the staff within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. The mission statement is “In the spirit of caring for our neighbors, 360 Communities provides hope and support to people by engaging communities to prevent violence, ensure school success and promote long-term self-sufficiency.”
- Ensures completion of incoming and outgoing mail tasks daily.
- Maintains adequate inventory of office supplies, stationary, and business cards.
- Serves as contact for issues involving building maintenance and office machines, including but not limited to troubleshooting or notification of companies for changes/repairs in service at the Burnsville site.
- Oversee scheduling of conference rooms for outside agencies.
- Provide data entry support.
- Annual record retention and disposal.
- Perform all Accounts Payable functions to ensure timely payment to vendors.
- Maintain W-9 tracking and prepare annual 1099 reporting for vendors.
- Process monthly employee expense reports.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated.
Education and/or Experience:
- Computer skills, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of two years’ experience on an administrative support role.
Professional Abilities and Skills
- Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and takes advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals. Ability to provide supervision and coaching to support service volunteers.
- Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess and maintain a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must possess Personal Auto Insurance limits of $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 or a combined single limit of $300,000.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Typical office environment, exposure to fax machines and copiers, computers, scanners and printers.
- Employee is subject to minimal noise level.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, bend, kneel, sit, use hands to write, type, use computers and lift up to 25 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
360 Communities values racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.